Plastic packaging replacement for Mettler Toledo InLab® sensorsA sustainable alternative to plastic packaging
The customer is a laboratory tool, application and instrumentmaker, who wanted to replace their existing cardboard and Styrofoam packaging for sensors towards a more sustainable one, using only one material - corrugated cardboard.
Mettler Toledo continuously works on optimising its ecological footprint: from development and manufacturing of the precision instruments to their shipment and ultimately disposal. The company was therefore looking for a more sustainable and efficient alternative to the previous solution. material only.
Our approach: Easy setup corrugated cardboard box
DSS Plant Oftringen (Switzerland) created a single-material solution which is easy to set up without any additional inlays.
- Monomaterial solution – corrugated cardboard
- Easy to recycle – better environmental protection across the supply chain
- Easy to set up which leads to higher efficiency
- Packaging fit for several sizes of the product
- Lower cost and lower complexity
- The solution won the World Star and Swiss Star Packaging Awards in 2016.