The design process for each project involves three key teams: the Consultation, Mechanical Design and Automation Design teams.
Our Consultation team conducts a study for each end-of-line packaging machinery project. Their objectives are to:
- Bring together the technical data on the portfolio required to produce the proposal.
- Assess the feasibility of the customer request.
- Accompany the sales team on a customer visit.
- Produce a budget in line with the customer specifications.
- Consult and bring in partners on specific projects.
- Draw up a customer proposal that uses as few machines as possible and meets all of the case format requirements.
The Mechanical Design team is responsible for five areas:
- Designing, operating and maintaining ‘list’ machinery platforms and manufacturing machinery based on these platforms, factoring in the various options and variants ordered by the customer. In a constantly evolving market, it is also responsible for adjusting the machinery in service to ensure this continues to meet changing customer needs.
- Designing bespoke machinery to meet precise requirements.
- Designing the various tools for this machinery, adapted to each case format.
- Producing technical documentation (such as manuals and training materials).
- Administering the Systems Division IT system.
The expertise of the Automation Design team centres on:
- Producing electrical diagrams in SEE Electrical and ordering electrical components for cabinets and machinery.
- Implementing robotics and automation programs on various system platforms based on customer specifications.
- Designing the touchscreen displays to make them ergonomic and intuitive for machine operators.