Packaging for high-value pharmaceutical bulk exports
A bag-in-box principle solution which eliminates multiple trips, shuttle and cleaning costs.
A French pharmaceutical and nutraceutical manufacturer was looking for a large container to transport bulk pharmaceutical products such as liquids with various density, oil, powder and granules for export to the Middle East.
The previously used solution was a simple octabin without external protection.
As the products are high-value nutraceutical ingredients, the customer requested packaging which would ensure aseptic environment to avoid contamination. The solution for bulk products should be safe to ensure stability during long transport by road and be secure to avoid leakage, a common problem for the customer.
Our approach: Corrugated one-way Liquid IBC Hybrid3
DS Smith proposed a bag-in-box principle solution which eliminates multiple trips, shuttle and cleaning costs.
The Liquid IBC Hybrid3 solution is composed of an octabin with an internal liner, protected from the outside by an additional heavy duty corrugated box. The sturdy solution supports variance in temperature and humidity rates. The added valve locators, patented by DS Smith, eliminate leakage problems, encountered by the customer with the previously used packaging.
- Easy to charge and to discharge – offering up to 100% discharge of product
- High protection & reliable (certifications ISTA & DEKRA) – sturdier solution thanks to additional outer corrugated protection.
- Stackable – 2 on 1 in warehouse up to 1100kg per container. 1 on 1 up to 1300 kg per container in dynamic.
- Sustainable (100% renewable)
- Carbon / compact solution -> more space
- Printable solution
- Valve locator patented by DS Smith eliminates risk of leakage.