Full Year Results 2022/23 - Excellent performance in challenging markets
DS Smith Plc, a leading international packaging business, today announces its full year results to 30 April 2023.
- £8,221m revenue (+11% versus 2021/22 at constant currency)
- 1.3x net debt/EBITDA (versus 1.6x in 2021/22)
- 14.3% ROACE (versus 10.8% in 2021/22)
- £861m adjusted operating profit (+35% versus 2021/22 at constant currency)
- 18.0p dividend per share (+20% versus 2021/22)
- 10.5% return on sales (+190bps versus 2021/22)
- 762m units of plastic replaced with recyclable alternatives since 2020/21
- 15% reduction in total Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions since 2019/20
- 6% reduction in accident frequency rate compared to last year
The performance of the business during the year has been excellent, despite the challenging economic environment and I am extremely proud of all our colleagues for their dedication and support. We have had an unremitting focus on meeting our customers’ rapidly changing needs with new innovation. This, together with high levels of service and our sustainability performance, has been rewarded through market share gains during the period.— Miles Roberts, Group Chief Executive
At 09:00 UK time today, there will be a presentation of results to investors and analysts, available to all via audio webcast and live Q&A, given by Miles Roberts, Group Chief Executive, Adrian Marsh, Group Finance Director and Richard Pike, Group Finance Director Designate.
To access the webcast, please register here.
If you would like to ask a question at the end of the webcast, then you will need to dial into the associated conference call using the following details. Please dial in 15 minutes before the start of the webcast to allow for registration.
Dial-in number (UK): +44 (0) 33 0551 0200
Dial-in number (UK Toll Free): 0808 109 0700
Password: DS Smith