Kick-start your career or hit re-set. Our apprenticeships are just the job.
Our apprentices are everywhere, doing essential jobs in our production, customer services and engineering teams. Earning while they learn and develop throughout their career with us.
All change for apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are no longer just for school leavers. They can be for anyone aged 16+, regardless of your background or experience. They can be a great fit if you’re looking to start your career, re-skill or get back into work after some time away.
You’ll feel part of our team from day one
Whether you’re completely new to DS Smith, an existing colleague joining a new DS Smith team or taking on another role, we make our apprentices feel at home from the outset. You’ll thrive in an environment where there are no egos, but where everyone pulls together.
Quite simply our aim is to make you the very best at what you do, regardless of who you are.
You’ll be helping us delight our customers with the products and services they need to succeed in their businesses and helping us deliver our ambitious Now & Next Sustainability goals too.
Working at DS Smith as an apprentice has really helped me to become a competent, motivated person. I feel like an apprenticeship is a great way to gain hands-on experience and knowledge that you won’t be able to learn in any other way.
5 reasons to become a DS Smith apprentice
1. Our apprenticeships are designed to help you develop all the skills you need to succeed in our business, with an inspirational manager to support you throughout the programme.
2. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do and as an apprentice, you can really help make a difference to the communities we work in and the wider world. Every role helps us cut waste, protect natural resources and reduce our carbon footprint.
3. You’ll earn while you learn and enjoy a range of benefits including competitive pay and holidays.
4. You’ll apply your new knowledge and skills immediately to your day-to-day working life.
5. We’re already a leading provider of sustainable packaging solutions and Europe’s biggest recycler. We have a unique supply cycle strategy with an industry-leading approach to sustainability. We want apprentices to join us and help us delight our customers even more innovative and entrepreneurial. That’s where you come in.
We offer apprenticeships for new and existing colleagues in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Continuous Improvement
- Leadership and Management
- IT and Digital
We’re always looking for apprentices and vacancies are added throughout the year to our Careers Page, together with all the details you need to apply.
Right now, we’re specifically looking for apprentice engineers and we’re launching our recruitment process at the end of January 2022.