Finance Graduate Programme
We are looking for outstanding and dynamic Finance/Business graduates to join our Finance programme starting in September 2021. This programme is a fantastic opportunity to become a member of our global, professional finance community, contributing to business operations and influential projects throughout the programme and opening up exciting opportunities for your future career. We aim to recruit & develop talent with the potential to become our future Finance Directors.
You will enjoy three 12-month placements in various European locations across our Group, each giving you the chance to work in a different finance department. This could mean a placement in a Head Office environment or a production site, which are often set in more rural locations. Your final placement will be defined by your development, career preferences and business opportunities. Over the course of the programme you will also gain broad financial experience and exposure to senior stakeholders in a commercially focused environment.
Your initial placement is likely to be in one of the following countries: Austria, Spain, The Netherlands or the UK.
Do you have a passion for pursuing a career in our sustainability run, industry defining, packaging company? Do you want to make an impact from the start of your career? Do you have leadership potential? Then DS Smith is the place for you!
What we offer:
- Formal induction. Meet our senior leaders, truly understand our business and learn where you can make a difference.
- Professional Qualification: You will complete the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Professional Finance qualification in your first year.
- Training Development. Complete a comprehensive training programme tailored to the business and you.
- Variety. From no two days being alike to different work-based assignments at international offices and plant locations.
- Support. From a graduate buddy to a mentor and exposure to senior leaders. Plus regular performance reviews & feedback to ensure you are exceeding your potential.
- Reward. A comprehensive package, including generous benefits from the outset.
- Above all, a chance to redefine packaging for a changing world.
To be eligible for the programme you will need:
- A 2.1 degree (minimum), preferably in a finance or business degree
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language
- International mobility. Unrestricted right to work across Europe is a must.
We are looking for recent graduates who are:
- Collaborative: You can connect with and value the differences of a diverse range of colleagues to achieve and recognise shared successes.
- Innovative: You will have real responsibility within existing opportunities for improvement, contributing positively to new ways for our business to be increasingly successful.
- Trustworthy: You quickly gain the confidence of your colleagues through consistent delivery on your commitments.
- Willing to learn: You enthusiastically pursue new opportunities to learn and try new, creative solutions to current and future problems or issues.
- Adaptable: You are calm and constructive when dealing with change. You are solutions oriented in times of uncertainty, staying positive and outcome focussed.
- Resilience: You can recover from setbacks when facing challenging situations. You remain positive when facing difficulty.
- Strategic: You are forward looking, purposeful while balancing a curiosity for the smaller details alongside an awareness of the big picture.
To us a steep learning curve is a good thing; you learn a lot in a short period of time. (As opposed to a shallow learning curve, where you learn very little over a long period of time!)
Find out more about our graduate application process.
Find out more
- Our Company
- Who we are
- Where we are
- Our Sustainability Strategy
- Our culture & values
- Why work for DS Smith
- Our Global Partnership with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Financial Information