Bag-in-Box: Your Packaging for Food Product Development
DS Smith Plastics, Rapak’s Bag-in-Box system is widely used by companies in their product research and development process.
Not many people know that Bag-in-Box is not only a consumer-facing packaging, but is also a popular pre-commercialization option for R&D and product innovation. It is a first choice packaging for trials and pre-commercial scale up of many liquid food products and ingredients, including beverages, dairy, ready meals, vegetables, fruit preparations and soups.
Why Bag-in-Box is ideal for research & development purposes:
- Low investment, compact and easy to use equipment and packaging
- Low speed fillers available to produce small batches
- Easily adjustable for ranges of bag sizes
- Quick and simple bag size changes without mechanical adjustment
- Fits a wide range of dispensing taps and fitments
Air-tight flexible bags produced by Rapak ensure no contact with air at any point. It prolongs the shelf life after opening and reduces the contamination risk compared to other packaging. Bags come in a wide range of films with optional irradiation for enhanced product safety.
Rapak´s filling systems include:
- Autokap™ - Filling equipment designed to hot-fill and cold-fill an extended range of fresh and stable liquids. Both pasteurized and ESL products can be filled on the same machine.
- Intasept® - Filling equipment offering superior product protection using safe aseptic filling into aseptic heat sealed bags. Our patented Intasept® Aseptic Technology is best suited for shelf-stable & functional dairy and active ingredients such as Omega 3, vitamins & minerals as it offers the security of double membrane protection.