Returnable Plastics Packaging: an Eco-Friendly and Efficient Solution from DS Smith Plastics
Corrugated Plastics’ returnable transit packaging is an eco-friendly and efficient solution across the entire supply chain life cycle that effectively lowers costs.
DS Smith, Plastics Division offers a wide range of bespoke packaging, pallets and bulk containers to protect your goods during transit. Made from extruded polypropylene corrugated plastics, Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) foam, Injection Moulded plastic or a combination of all of the above; DS Smith Plastics portfolio of returnable plastics packaging are strong and durable, as they are designed to withstand damage and repetitive use. Furthermore, at the end of their useful life, they can be recycled and repurposed for another life-cycle. In other words, they are designed to never have to end in landfills.
Benefits of Returnable Packaging:
Unlike one-way (single-use) packaging, returnable packaging is intended for multiple uses and is particularly suited to closed logistics loops. By reusing the same durable packaging, you can reduce your environmental footprint, benefit from lower cost-per-trip and a rapid return on investment, all whilst improving efficiencies in distribution, handling and storage of goods.
- As packaging is reused, the reoccurring cost of packaging production is eliminated
- Transport costs are reduced due to lightweight material
- Storage and return transport costs are lowered as a collapsible design allows a reduction in volume
- Waste management costs and the cost of damaged goods is reduced
Reduce environmental impact:
- Reuse packaging instead of throwing away after one use
- Can be recycled at the end of its useful life
- Achieve your sustainability goals
Improve quality and design:
- Plastic offers a more strong and durable packaging solution with a long lifespan
- Improve product protection as designed to support heavy loads, protect fragile parts and be resistant to external impact
- All designs are bespoke and suited to your specific requirements and supply cycle
- Ergonomic design to improve handling and truck loading
- Reduce workplace injuries
- Can be stacked high when full or collapsed when empty to save space in both trailers and warehouses, providing a more organized and professional appearance