Packaging for e-commerce and Internet Retailing
The rapid growth of online retailing generates new demands for e-commerce packaging to promote, protect and contribute to efficient distribution at every stage.
e-retailers are turning to DS Smith for innovation, to satisfy the emerging demands of the e-commerce sector.
Online and e-commerce specifiers may need to:
- Prevent product damage, whatever the rigours of complex e-commerce supply chains
- Identify the right e-commerce pack to hold even delicate products, such as plants or glassware, securely in place, until the consumer receives them in pristine condition
- Optimise speeds and productivity in the distribution centre
- Secure products against tampering and theft
- Match experience to expectation, creating a "wow" factor whenever shoppers receive or open packs at home. Multiple techniques in print and materials can be applied to create the right look and feel or that memorable first impression
- Provide a convenient system for returns, using the same e-commerce pack, re-sealed, without damage or compromise
Corrugated packaging achieves all of this, with material that is 100% recyclable, another plus for consumers and e-retailers alike.