Innovation for faster moving consumer goods
Why use R-Flute®?
R-Flute® has been intensively developed to provide better packaging in a wide range of FMCG and Retail Ready Packaging applications.
Compared with traditional B-Flute, R-Flute® offers a superior print surface, enhanced appearance, machine line efficiencies and logistics savings, particularly in the handling, storage and movement of inbound packaging.
R-Flute® thus opens valuable opportunities, to drive sales and strengthen brand representation in store, whilst contributing to cost reduction and lower carbon operations.
What are the benefits of R-Flute®?
Typical results for users who replace traditional B-Flute with R-Flute® include:
Sales impact in-store
- Better brand representation
- Differentiation within the category
- Fast and tidy opening of perforated packs for in-store replenishment
- Design options to make products easy for shoppers to see
- More productive packing lines
- Lower cost operations for incoming packaging:
- Fewer packaging deliveries
- Less handling and movement, to storage and to packing lines
- Release of valuable warehouse space
Reduced environmental impact
- Fewer deliveries of packaging, taking lorries off the road
- Contribution to good use of resources and reduced greenhouse gas emissions
Compared with traditional B-Flute, the characteristics which make R-Flute®successful include:
- Calliper typically 20% less, so that space can be optimised in delivery, warehousing and handling of packaging
- Over 30% more fl ute tips for the same length of board, so that the surface is flatter, creasing is more precise and perforations are better formed
- Excellent flat crush – resistance to pressure onto the board surface - particularly helpful for packs containing bottles or cans
In addition to widespread use in FMCG sectors and in Retail Ready Packaging,
R-Flute® also succeeds in the right industrial and transit applications.
Incorporated into double wall packaging, it enhances print surfaces.