Shopper trends unpacked
DS Smith reveals what brands need to know about the retail world in 2018
Global packaging strategist, DS Smith has today launched its latest whitepaper, ‘Shopper Trends Unpacked – six ways the world of retail is transforming and what brands need to know’. The paper aims to provide valuable insight into the behaviour and priorities of European shoppers.
In particular, it examines:
- the science of decision making in a retail environment
- the power of personalisation
- how packaging can be used to emotionally engage a customer in the home
- the values that are important to millennial shoppers
- the importance of minimising waste
- how to create age-conscious packaging that works for all
This report shines a light on the values that drive modern shoppers and also, more importantly, the innovations that are in the marketplace and on the horizon that can help brands connect with consumers.
“By taking this insight on board, brands can design smart, connected, intelligent packaging that is able to steer consumer purchasing decisions, strengthen brands and ultimately boost sales. From ensuring products are in the right place at just the right time through to techniques for making products stand out in a crowded marketplace, the packaging industry has ever evolving solutions that can meet the expectations of the modern shopper.”