Protecting natural resources
We will continue to care for forests and their biodiversity
We will use as few natural resources as possible, using innovation and design to deliver more to customers by using less.
By 2025 we will optimize fiber use for individual supply chains in 100% of our new packaging solutions
- Optimize our packaging designs through our leading packaging performance programme (PACE)
- Review customer supply chains and data to optimize individual box lifecycles
- Embed requirements for fiber optimization in all new product development
By 2030 we are aiming to optimize every fiber for every supply chain
- Work with customers to accurately quantify performance requirements
- Develop innovative tools for understanding customer supply chains and segments
- Roll out fiber optimization for individual supply chains for all packaging designs
We are protecting global forestry
The world would run out of recycled fiber in 6-18 months without fresh inputs of virgin fiber. We're committed to using only 100% recycled or chain of custody papers in our products, ensuring 100% of our sites hold chain of custody certificates.
We responsibly manage all 14,000 hectares of the forests that we own and are committed to achieving sustainable forest management certification by 2021. We are members of the Forest Stewardship Council® and have supported our largest paper supplier to engage on forestry and biodiversity issues. We have also provided forestry education and other support to independent local land owners and will continue to apply our ban on any fiber from 12 high risk countries.
HOW WE APPLY OUR PURPOSE
Putting sustainability at the heart
Through responsible forestry management and innovation, we tackle some of the world’s most complex sustainability challenges.
Developing the right strategies
Our experts work closely with customers to understand their needs. Together we find ways to help take advantage of today’s opportunities to powerfully deliver products.