Greencoat® was Developed with the Poultry Industry - for the Poultry Industry
Greencoat® was developed through a unique partnership between DS Smith and Mountaire Farms, one of the largest poultry processors in the U.S.
In 2004, Mountaire saw that U.S. retailers and restaurants were growing weary of the monetary and environmental costs associated with disposing of wax boxes used to pack and ship cold and wet products. Mountaire joined forces with DS Smith to develop a recyclable, wax replacement box.
Today, Greencoat has revolutionized packaging in the poultry industry and is being used by leading processors in the business. It is shipped all over the world and the boxes don’t fail.
Greencoat is proven to perform better than any competitive recyclable wax replacement solution. Poultry processors that have switched from wax to Greencoat are confident in its performance throughout the supply chain from their processing operations to their customers’ coolers. Plus Greencoat is produced using cutting edge preprint technology enabling you to showcase your brand better than ever in a retail or wholesale distribution environment.
- Costs less than wax boxes
- Your customers save $50 to $70 per ton in disposal fees
- Your customers earn $70 to $100 per ton by recycling
- Increase sales with a distinctive, sustainable box
- FBA-approved, 100% recyclable and repulpable
- Reduce box room waste by 50%
- Reduced C02 emissions
- Quarterly and Annual Sustainability Impact Reports
- Moisture resistant
- Ideal for packing and shipping cold and wet products
- Strong and durable
- Easier to glue than wax
- Superior meat release capabilities
- Customizable to your needs
Nothing performs like strong, sustainable Greencoat®.