Octabin, from the standard packaging to tailored and innovative solutions
It was during the early years of the nineties, when Tecnicarton began producing this packaging of eight sides for the petro-chemical, pellets manufacturers industry, the meat industry and frozen products.
Since then we have led the production of these octagonal packaging made of corrugated Heavy Duty double-double and triple wall board. We have been introducing various innovations such as telescopic octabins incorporating a kind of collar that allows them to expand capacity to meet the internal height of the truck where they will be transferred.
Innovations for Octabin
Today, we keep developing various innovations for this package, we present three of them:
- Body in quadruple, quintuple and sextuple wall board
- Automontable cap and tray
- Discharge system
1. Body in quadruple, quintuple and sextuple wall board. This is the leap of triple wall to walls of 4,5 and 6 waves which increases safety in the stack and in the store, and also increases the number of reuses considerably, making it very profitable.
2. Automontable cap and tray. In order to minimize assembly time of Octabin, we develop different automontable caps and trays that can be assembly by a single person and in just a few seconds.
3. Discharge system. We develop different discharge systems for octabins: bottom, side, etc. This time we want to introduce a system of lateral discharge by a chopping board can trigger the download.