Driving carbon reduction
We are reducing our carbon impact, year over year
Carbon reduction continues to be an important part of our strategy and business practices.
NOW and NEXT
By 2030 we will reduce our CO2 emissions against a 2015 baseline by 30% relative to production
- Integrate ISO 50001 into everyday operations at site level to drive behavioural and organizational change and compliance
- Analyse data to understand performance and share best practice across sites
- Deliver continual improvement in energy efficiency across our sites
- Fuel switching e.g. Energy from Waste, Solar Photovoltaics
- Using ash as a landfill cover for regional farmers near our Riceboro Paper Mill
CASE STUDY: RICEBORO PAPER MILL
Cutting carbon by investing in our paper mills
DS Smith's Riceboro Paper Mill is transferring ash generated from its power boiler to be used as topsoil by farmers in northern Florida and southern Georgia, reducing the volume of waste going to landfills. The plant exports between 600 - 1,000 tons of ash aggregate monthly, returning the by-product back to the environment in a circular model to be reused.
HOW WE APPLY OUR PURPOSE
Putting sustainability at the heart
We are committed to responsibly managing our renewable resources, and use innovation to tackle some of the world’s most complex sustainability challenges.
Developing the right strategies
Our experts work closely with customers to understand their needs. Together we find ways to help take advantage of today’s opportunities to powerfully deliver products.