DS Smith to Showcase Sustainable E-Commerce Innovations at Inaugural Pack Expo Connects Virtual Tradeshow
DS Smith has announced it is set to exhibit at the first virtually held PACK EXPO International featuring seven interactive sessions showcasing design innovations for performance packaging.
The rapid growth of online retailing, accelerated during the Covid-19 pandemic, has generated increased demand from retailers and consumers for sustainable performance packaging that can survive the rigorous demands of increasingly complex supply chains.
The Pack Expo Connects virtual format, being held Nov. 9-13, will allow DS Smith to feature innovative and sustainable packaging solutions developed for ecommerce, retail-ready and direct-to-consumer applications.
Focusing on its advancements in e-commerce and retail-ready solutions, DS Smith will host seven interactive sessions:
- Optimize Your Packaging for the Last Mile of Customer Delivery with DISCS™
- The PackRight™ Design Approach to Maximum Packaging Effectiveness
- Greencoat®: Pack It, Stack It, Ship It, and Recycle It! Coated, Sustainable Packaging that Performs
- For Now and Next: A Commitment to Sustainability and a Circular Economy
- The E-commerce Packaging Sweet Spot: Design Solutions for Retail's New Normal
- A Cooler Alternative: Greencoat® Sustainable Plastic Foam Replacement Packaging
- Covid-19 Response: Retail Packaging Solutions for the New Normal
With the peak holiday period for e-commerce approaching and recent research showing that 85% of U.S. adults will continue to shop online at the same level or more post lock down, increased adoption of DS Smith’s innovations and approach to sustainability will work to reduce packaging’s carbon footprint for customers.
“Sustainability and innovation sit at the heart of our business model, and we’re thrilled to showcase customer solutions that feature both,” said Melanie Galloway, vice president of sales, marketing and innovation at DS Smith North America. “With sustainability incorporated into our packaging design, we’re seeing our ability to deliver the highest levels of packaging performance in tandem with a reduction in environmental impact. We will work together with our customers to develop circular solutions that will redefine packaging for a changing world.”
To learn more about DS Smith’s innovative and sustainable packaging solutions, visit DS Smith at virtual Pack Expo Booth #517 (https://pe.show/517).