DS Smith at a glance
DS Smith is a leading provider of corrugated packaging solutions worldwide. We operate across 37 countries and employ over 31,000 people.
In order to support our corrugated packaging operations, we have a recycling business that collects used paper and corrugated cardboard, from which our paper manufacturing facilities make the recycled paper used in corrugated packaging.
Key facts & figures
- Our business started in 1940 by the Smith brothers in London
- Today we employ over 31,000 people in 37 countries worldwide
- For the fiscal year 2018/19 we had a revenue of £6,171m
Our customers want broader reaching solutions to their packaging needs; innovation and processes that will help them reduce waste, cost and complexity from their supply chains. By using our expertise from design to production and supply to recycling, we can offer high quality, environmentally friendly, innovative solutions and great service that looks at the whole of our customers’ packaging needs, not just one part.
We call this 'Supply Cycle Thinking'. It is a unified approach to remove complexity from, and simplify, our customers’ supply chains.
Key financial highlights
1. Comparatives restated for the adoption of IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
2. Continuing operations, before adjusting items and amortisation. These are all non-GAAP performance measures — see note 33 to the financial statements