Replacing plastics by solid board packaging for anti-allergy kits
Solid board as an eco-friendly alternative to plastic packaging
The customer is a global pharmaceutical company specializing in allergy treatments. Their anti-allergy treatment kits contain vials, syringes and leaflets. They are personalized for each patient and delivered by post. The goal of the customer was to replace the current plastic packaging of these kits with a more sustainable alternative.
- Find a sustainable alternative to the existing plastic packaging
- Hold the vials, syringes and leaflets in place for easy orientation
- Sturdy solution for postal sendout and continuous use by patient.
Our approach: Easy-to-use solid board case with inserts
DS Smith Rochechouart, France proposed an easy-to-use solid board solution.The box is a one-piece solution including lid and inserts to hold the various contents in place. The lid can be closed on the front side thanks to two side flaps which enter the box on the inside. The solution can be supplied folded or mounted.
- Eco-friendly solution
- Easy to use for operator and patient
- Holds content in place and tidy
- Folded or mounted