Density range: 20 – 200 g/l
Trade Names: ARPRO (Foam Products are an ARPRO Approved supplier)
Expanded polypropylene is a recyclable closed-cell moulded foam with a set of unique properties you would be hard pushed to find in another material. After expansion EPP in its beads are fused into simple blocks for CNC prototyping or shape moulded in a steam chest into complicated shapes.
- Energy absorption – Good shape recovery and repeat impact performance
- Structural strength – Load bearing high strength / weight ratio
- Lightweight – Significant weight reduction potential for automotive components
- Thermal insulation – Reducing heat loss
- Sound deadening – Reducing noise and vibration
Different material types are available based on the specifics of the application:
- Flame retardant
- Electrostatic discharge protection
- Low stick / Low Slip
- Complex shapes
Ideal for automotive impact protection components such as bumper cores, head rest and steering column cowls and also for boot infill and tool pods.
EPP is also used extensively in the HVAC industry for its thermal properties, housing heat exchangers, pumps and motors for heat recovery units, air filtration systems and boilers.
Low density EPP is also used frequently in drones and other recreational remote controlled aircraft for its high strength/weight ratio. Motors, rotors and other electronics can easily be bolted on.
EPP is used for returnable dunnage packaging to protect high value parts in the supply chain. EPP dunnage trays make packaging and shipping simpler and provide time savings in production line unpacking and assembly.