Zero Waste Solutions
Through our perpetual devotion to achieving zero waste DS Smith is the only provider who can actually deliver this ambitious goal of turning 100% of the resources you send us back into something useful once more.
Zero Waste to Landfill
The philosophy of zero waste encourages the redesign of resource life cycles so that all products are reused or recycled and no waste is sent to landfill.
This zero waste aim is fundamental to our work, as unlike other providers we don't invest in landfill. As part of the DS Smith group, a leading manufacturer of packaging and paper in Europe, we make millions of products from the materials we gather.
So, quite simply, we don’t see waste as waste, we see it as a resource.
How do we achieve zero waste?
Zero waste is an ambitious target. We recognise it can be quite a daunting journey for many of our customers and commit to offering you the best possible support along the way by:
- Setting clearly defined objectives and creating innovative new opportunities to reduce, reuse, recycle and recover material
- Developing landfill diversion goals in-line with your targets
- Guiding you on getting to know the waste hierarchy - sending less recyclable waste to recovery and less reusable materials are recycled
- Putting in place waste reduction plans - ultimately translating to cost savings
- Exploring the complete Supply Cycle - ensuring materials can be easily recycled at the end of their life
What can DS Smith do for you?
- Offer a free recycling audit
- Tailor our service to your specific requirements
- Deliver long term cost benefits
- Remove the complexities of environmental compliance
- Provide a timely, reliable collection service
If you would like a free audit please click the link below.